OUR CONSIGNMENT POLICY
Please read carefully as our consignment policy has been updated recently...
If you published your book with an established publisher that we buy from regularly, or is distributed by Ingram, we will order your book directly from them. Note: The book must have a regular discount & be returnable.
In this case you do not need to complete this form. Send us notification of your book’s publication to the address or email address above. If we decide to carry it, we will purchase it directly from the publisher or from Ingram.
If your book is self-published or not readily available through Ingram (at a regular discount & returnable), we may choose to sell it in our store on a consignment basis.
When your book is on consignment, it remains your property until sold. The Regulator cannot be responsible for lost or stolen merchandise.
If you would like your book to be considered for our consignment program, please follow these guidelines:
● Please make all initial consignment requests in writing via this form only. We are not able to accommodate walk-ins or telephone inquiries.
● To be considered for our program, your book must have the following:
○ A printed and bound spine displaying the title and author name (no spiral binding, please)
○ Paperback, hardback, board, or equivalent cover displaying the title and author name
○ A 13-digit International Standard Book Number (ISBN)
● Our consignment review process usually takes 7- 10 days– we will notify you via email of our decision as soon as possible. If we accept your books we ask you to bring in two copies for initial consignment period.
● When we carry your book on consignment, we will stock your book on our shelves for a period of at least three months (the consignment period)— two copies at a time only.
● You will receive 50% of the retail value of the book per copy sold. We pay per check per three month if amount exceeds $25. If not we will issue you a check when we return books to you.
● At the end of the consignment period - three months or later , we will evaluate the success of your book. If no books were sold, we will pull the book and notify you to pick them up. We will hold pulled books for thirty days after which we will donate them.
If we accept your book we encourage you to publicize it as much as possible via social media - create a social media presence!
Please fill out this form and return it to us via mail or email for review.